Get Ready to Teach
Review the information below for recommendations to ensure your device(s) can deliver an optimal teaching experience. Please also be sure to check with IT department for any specific program you like to use in your remote courses.
Testing Home Internet Speed
If you are experiencing slow performance with your home internet, you can check the upload and download speeds by running Speed Test
The ideal numbers are:
For email and general browsing: a speed of 10 to 12 Mbps up/down is adequate
For streaming: an up/down speed of 20 Mbps or higher is recommended
If your speeds are inadequate, contact your Internet Service Provider.
Tips for Poor WiFi Performance
- Limit the number of connected devices
- Move devices closer to your Wireless Router
- Adjust the wireless signal/li>
- If wireless internet performance is weak, try connecting an ethernet cable between your computer and your home router./li>
On campus connection
BİLGİ Secure – WiFi
For our instructors; BilgiSecure wireless network service is provided with high capacity and security certificate and can be accessed via BİLGİ e-mail account and password.
For any questions on BİLGİ Secure :
Thelpdesk@bilgi.edu.tr +90 212 311 66 66
The recommended configurations for hardware will last approximately 30-36 months.
Middle- to higher-end technology is recommended in anticipation of the use of resource-intensive applications, especially at home.
A high-end technology may be useful for longer period of time.
Check that your web browser is capable of accessing BİLGİ Learn (Moodle) and SIS.
- Download the latest version of Microsoft Office 365.
- Keep your systems up to date;
Windows 10 operating system updates
Android operating system updates
- Protect your computer from cyber threats with antivirus software; view other tips for securing your device.
If you don't have an antivirus program in your computer you can download one of the programs below.
- Review your Homepage to make sure that your courses showing on the page
- Make sure to check tool guides to learn how to add materials to your course sites to start teaching.
You can take the online Moodle training course if you like. To do so please sign up for the course by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org address.
In order to access BİLGİ Learn, you need:
- A computer with Internet Access
- İstanbul Bilgi University email address
- An active İstanbul Bilgi University Network ID and password
Moodle is compatible with any standards compliant web browser. We regularly test Moodle with the following browsers:
Safari 7 and below has known compatibility issues with Moodle 3.10.
- Google Chrome
For the best experience and optimum security, we recommend that you keep your browser up to date. https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/